King Cake finds its way to Portugal during the 19th century when Confeitaria Nacional opened as Portuguese monarchy’s official bakery in 1829. The cake is round with a large hole in the centre, resembling a crown covered with crystallized fruit. The characteristic of this cake is a fava bean and a small prize (usually a small metal toy). Tradition dictates that whoever finds the fava has to pay for the King cake next year.The inclusion of the prize has been discontinued under EU rules, for alleged safety reasons since mid-90s.
*Quotes are posted in random order*

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Mauvaise sang 1986


Anna: Life is splendid with him. He guides me so well. He requires of me very beautiful things, very rigorous. You know, he is self-taught. Yes, he has done it all. He looked at me with the eyes of an inventor, with the eyes of a researcher, like I was an invaluable discovery, as if I had the solution to something. Something secret and mysterious that is hidden deep inside him. Sometimes I get so close, so near, but more often I am light years away? Curious, isn't it? It's my life, this thing, this thing like an enigma. An enigma that glues us together, both of us accomplices together. Maybe our love will die if it is solved too early or maybe not at all.